[Wine] Re: Wine on Mac and Photoscape

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 18 13:13:07 CDT 2011

Eegabooga wrote:

> One more question, during the process of all this I changed my hidden .wine to just wine to make it unhidden. I'm wondering if this will affect my wine usage?  Will this create any errors? Are there any benefits to leaving my wine folder hidden?

if you just take off the dot, then it changes the name of the folder, and next time you run Wine it will create a new .wine folder and not find your other one (as far as I know).  You'll have to launch the program setting the WINEPREFIX variable to $HOME/wine so it won't default to $HOME/.wine every time.

like...
WINEPREFIX=$HOME/wine wine myProgram.exe

or if your scripting it to launch...

Code:
export WINEPREFIX="$HOME/wine"
export WINEDLLOVERRIDES="gdiplus=n"
cd "$HOME/wine/drive_c/Program Files/Photoscape/"
wine PhotoScape.exe

of course instead of using "wine" for the prefix you could always rename it and place it wherever you want it.