[Wine] Re: Trying to run DDO on Ubuntu 10.10

sixgun wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 19 01:01:46 CDT 2011

Something I always recommend, when I hear about screens turning grey for any app, is disable Ubuntu's Visual Effects. Especially if you have an older system. Those effects have caused me numerous headaches in the past, including with ddo.

And if you are experiencing frequent crashes, especially ones that occur during area transitions, check to see what version of wine you are using. Likely it's 1.2 or 1.3. If your other winblows dependent apps don't require 1.2 or 1.3, I recommend a downgrade. Seems to me that ddo runs a lot better on 1.1. From what I've seen, cdega has had this similar issue with it's later versions. With 1.2 and 1.3 I also ran in to extreme lag with when DDO's video settings were on max, but had near prefect performance with 1.1.

Hope those recommendations help some of you out.