[Wine] Re: Wine registration email - system failure

Ace... wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 19 12:08:47 CDT 2011

So......

We have to understand that a v.large organisation is almost impossible to contact, on a straightforward basis.

They have an entire troop of people trained to deal with questions such as, where is the on/off button?

Having just spent 2 hours waiting, and then in chat, trying to explain the problem......

.... I'm a bit burned out at the mo.

The short of it is that "assistance" will not notify the email admin staff of the false spam flag.

There will be another way, but.......

.... The more I think about this, the more I think we should look at the repeated word "forum".

The log result indicated "spam detected"

Could the log be specific enough to discern between "spam detected" and "blacklist".

If spam was truly detected, then perhaps, by eliminating the repeat word, we could eliminate the spam flag.

I say this cos I don't see (as yet) anything else that might trigger a spam flag.
And this site (winehq) is far and away less likely to induce people to complain about spam (originating from winehq).

Personally, I'd like to see the repeated "forum" error eliminated first.

I have one more pop email version, so once that bug is gone, I can try again, and we'll see if that was the prob.

If it doesn't fix it, then I'll head once more into the breach with FREE - and James can once again delete the accounts.

How do you see it?

 :)