[Wine] Re: Generating OpenGL shaders from Direct3D shader bytecode

Nonal wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 19 14:34:50 CDT 2011

nfries88 wrote:
> So you guys also need an actual HLSL compiler/frontend to MojoShader. Sorry then, I thought all you needed was a bytecode converter.

If I understand correctly wine needs both a HLSL compiler (for game providing source shaders) and a binary converter.

Wine already has its own binary converter, which is not - as far as I compared them - inferior to Ryan Gordon's one. Specifically, mojoshader does not support relative addressing with no CTAB, (nor zbuffer and pixel center issues), and output looked quite similar.