[Wine] Wine registration email - system failure

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Wed Jul 20 13:46:30 CDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 13:04 -0500, dimesio wrote:
> Martin Gregorie wrote:
> >
> > the handle is very frequently
> > forged in spam: for instance, I see significant amounts of spam that
> > allegedly was sent by yourself
>
> Is this email you receive directly from the list, or are you accessing
> it via Nabble? I have noticed that Nabble mangles threads badly--posts
> made by other people routinely show up under my name on their site.
> But these same posts are correctly attributed on both the forum and in
> the WineHQ archives.

Directly from the wine-users mailing list.

I don't have a Nabble account.

> Yes, they do. If they didn't, the original poster in this thread would
> not be having the problem he had.  The forum gives registered users
> the choice of whether or not to show their email address in their
> profile. People who don't want to give out their email address to
> random strangers--i.e., sensible people--check "no." If you look at my
> profile, you won't see my email address, either.

So I see - I just added myself to the Wine user forum today to see how
it works, and have also found out that changing the e-mail address
deactivates the account and issues a fresh challenge/response for the
new address, which is good.

Martin