[Wine] Re: Run Game In Separate X Server?

figure002 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 21 14:58:15 CDT 2011

The solution provided does not work for me. I use a patched wine-1.3.18 (WinePulse).

I try to run Call of Duty 4 in a separate xserver. Running games in a separate xserver works great for native Linux games, but I can't get it to work for a game that needs to start with Wine.

For example, if I run:

Code:
xinit /usr/bin/env WINEPREFIX="/home/serrano/.wine" /usr/bin/wine "/home/serrano/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Activision/Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare/iw3sp.exe" -- :1

or

Code:
xinit /usr/bin/wine "/home/serrano/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Activision/Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare/iw3sp.exe" -- :1

The screen switches to a new xserver, and in that xserver I'm presented with a graphical error message:

> WIN_IMPROPER_QUIT_BODY
> [Yes] [No] [Cancel]

If I answer Yes or No, it gives me the following error,

> Error during initialization:
> Couldn't load fileSysCheck.cnf. Make sure Call of Duty is run from the correct folder.
> [OK]

Anyone know how to fix this?