[Wine] Blip&Blop - old issue gone, new issue up

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 12:00:36 CDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 9:45 AM, Jenia <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Maybe you've missed the post where I noted that I did, in fact, modify my color depth to 16bpp, but nevertheless, I tried
> again, this time by creating a separate x screen...

No I did not miss it. You did not state you did this.

X command please where you started a 16 bit session.  The log file
above shows that X is not configured properly to run in 16 bit mode.

Also, you stated that you tried this with different systems and
different video cards and that should not make a difference.  Sorry,
but it does.  Intel video cards running with their current Linux
drivers do not support 3D video.  AMD/ATI drivers have varying
problems.  nVidia cards have had problems in the past.

> No change doing it that way - thing still freezes as soon as I press ESC (music keeps playing though)

Ok.  Can you try capturing a log file when you are in a 16 bit depth X
window session to compare with the one you have already posted?

Thank you.

James