[Wine] Re: Run Game In Separate X Server?

figure002 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 22 15:32:08 CDT 2011

I found the solution to the PulseAudio + separate xserver sound issue! Google is again my best friend. I found the solution here (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=22980&iTestingId=62753).

One needs to execute wine with 'ck-launch-session' which was already installed on my Ubuntu machine (I have no idea what it's for; there's no man page and I don't know what package it's from). So the command for running a WinePulse game in a separate xserver:

Code:
cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Activision/Call\ of\ Duty\ 4\ -\ Modern\ Warfare/
xinit /usr/bin/ck-launch-session /usr/bin/wine iw3sp.exe -- :1

Sound should work fine now, even when switching xservers. :D