[Wine] Salvage old data?

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Sun Jul 24 12:57:34 CDT 2011

	For years, I could install, and sometimes run, legacy private map
software under Wine. But in order to connect it with my GPSs, I had to
keep a separate hard drive with XP, and do that there.

	Then came a brief time when I could also actually make my Garmin
GPSs talk with the software under Wine. I transferred all my data to it,
and gleefully wiped XP off my machine.

	Then the connecting failed again, and has continued to. Recently,
however, I've installed virtual XP under VirtualBox in Fedora Linux 14.
Once again, my GPSs talk to my software. However, I deleted much of the
old data off the GPSs to make space for new, and have it preserved only
in the old Wine files.

	Is there an easy way, (preferably with a web site to walk the
subtechnoid through it!) to copy those old waypoints, routes, tracks, and
even maps into the files of the virtual XP??

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User