[Wine] Paltalk sound input problem.

jonbanjo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 24 14:55:40 CDT 2011

I'm trying to use Paltalk under wine but I can't get the microphone to work properly.

I have 3 versions of wine available on my OpenSuse 11.4 64bit distribution.

1.3.12.14:

This works perfectly with (windows version/ wine ) Audacity both for recording and playback using the alsa default devices.  The only problem I have noticed is that every sound device is listed as USB audio which is not the case.

Playback is fine under Paltalk but I can not get it to accept sound input. It records nothing.  I'd guess it is selecting the wrong input device but I've no idea how to check or fix this.

1.3.24 and 1.3.25:

This fixes the device listings I can view for Audacity and enables me to record sound under Paltalk but with these versions, recording is very broken up and distorted.  They seem to fix one thing but break another.

Any suggestions as to either ensure that Paltalk gets the right device under 1.3.12 or how to fix the recording quality under one of the later versions?

The card I am trying to use is a Yamaha MW10C mixer which uses usb-audio.