[Wine] Problem with Worl of Warcraft on Wine. Works very very slow.

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Mon Jul 25 10:00:21 CDT 2011

On 07/25/2011 04:29 AM, nitroglycerine wrote:
> Some time ago I tried World of Warcraft on Wine, when used Ubuntu and works great, but now works very slow.
>
> Graphics: Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset  Integrated Graphics

The last few updates of WoW have made the graphic requirements much
higher than they used to be. Blizzard doesn't even support the game in
Windows for Intel graphics cards anymore I don't think. Since the Linux
drivers for Intel cards are usually horrible you may not have any luck
with that card. Be sure you have the newest driver for your card, but if
that doesn't help your best bet would be to replace it with an Nvidia or
ATI card. Even a budget Nvidia card would be an improvement since their
Linux drivers are fairly well supported. If you or a friend have an
extra Nvidia or ATI card handy you could use that to test performance.