[Wine] Re: Second CD not mounting

SpawnHappyJake wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 26 00:13:30 CDT 2011

The previous methods are obviously more desirable, but I have a guess for a plan B in case the previous methods fail:
My guess is that if the program has DRM to do a CD check to install, once it sees the first disc it's good to go, thus subsequent "CDs" don't even need to look like CDs, but that's just a wild guess. If that's true, then only the first install disc would need to look like a CD (either an image mounted with CDemu or a physical CD drive), and for the rest you can just copy the installation files off each disc into a folder (1 folder to a CD and 1 CD to a folder), and give each such folder a drive letter in winecfg. I would guess that that would do the trick provided the first install disc looks like a CD. And there would be no swapping.

Cheers,
Jake