[Wine] sound not working

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 26 13:46:55 CDT 2011

>From: "pinotgore" <wineforum-user at winehq.org>
>Sara,
>
>could you provide some more information. I have been studying computer audio but need to know a few more details about your issue.

Mike Freeman and I have the same problem. When I use the change you provided I don't have the old alsa tools any more, including alsamixer, and I need those.
Also, I was doing fine just killing pulseaudio at startup and modifying the /opt/pulse/client.conf script to disable autospawn. I think the work-around is probably not necessary for what I need.
I tried the workaround because of audio problems that developed within the past couple of days, but the problems seem to be with wine, and not anything to do with the pulseaudio interface. Because I was using alsa before, and alsa wasn't one of the drivers that was removed.
Susan