[Wine] Wine registration email - system failure

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Jul 26 13:56:13 CDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-26 at 13:04 -0500, dimesio wrote:

> Spam has always tended to come in waves. Most of the spam today is
> from the same user, who made multiple posts within seconds of each
> other.

Indeed - often on waves from the same user.

>  It's already been removed from the forum, and I assume that user
> banned.

Many forums are moderated, i.e. posts are passed by a human before they
appear on the forum and I assume this is true for the Wine Users forum
and that posts aren't sent to the mail list until they've passed the
moderator. Correct assumptions?

>  It's fairly easy (although tedious) to keep the forum clean, and it
> generally is, but there's no way of retrieving spam once it's been
> forwarded to the mailing list.

I'd assumed that would be the case too.

Martin