[Wine] Re: Wine 1.3.25 kills sound with PulseAudio

Erufailon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 26 16:54:05 CDT 2011

I cannot understand why Wine Team did this. At the moment PulseAudio is the default audio driver in Ubuntu which means 95% of users is using it. I don't understand the reason they had to do it. Why not support both ALSA and PulseAudio? Is it compatibility issue? Why do I need to change my system so Wine can work properly? Why do I need to lose the volume control which also controls the multimedia via hardware buttons?
All that are reasonable questions. Any update should make things easier for the majority of the people and not force them to change their system configuration.
At least they could have warned us that anyone who has PulseAudio not to install the update. Now I have to choose between playing the games mute or lose the volume control.
Great Job Wine Team... :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(