[Wine] Re: Wine registration email - system failure

Ace... wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 26 17:47:15 CDT 2011

Yes, I think you are right to reiterate the problem.

This thread was generated due to my ISP incorrectly flagging up the WineHQ registration email as spam.

However, IMO your statement of "either way" is confusing, because it is only repeating what I've just said ie. the problem is due to one of two potential scenarios: on the fly spam detection, or pre-configured blacklisting of the winehq email distribution address.

I had to read it 2 or 3 times to figure out what you were saying.

The point I was making was, that it would be normal to eliminate one of these options - the easiest being, the repeated word glitch, which clearly indicates that this is a computer generated message that may well be spam (even if it isn't).

We can blame the ISP, but it changes nought, cos they have umpteen million clients that they are trying to protect, and maybe there are other isp's doing a similar job, with similar defence systems.

So, we either say "it's their fault" and forget about it, or we try to find out what's wrong.

I honestly don't mind, cos I'm logged on now, using hotmail.