[Wine] rFactor Dedicated Server CPU usage

stephvax wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 27 22:57:12 CDT 2011

Hello,

I recently upgraded to wine 1.3.25 on debian sid to run a dedicated server for rFactor game on a little Athlon 64 x2 4400+ linux box.

The server works just fine but is a CPU hog !

Under "top" it uses about 26% CPU for "rFactor Dedicated.exe" and another 28% for "wineserver" binary without any player connected.
I also insist on the fact that I previously ran on the same machine a dedicated server in a virtual windows XP machine with VMWare Server 2.0 and the CPU usage was far more lower (about 5% without any player connected).

Has anyone ever noticed this ? Better : has anyone got the CPU consumption to be lower with wine ? Or any hint to try to lower CPU usage ?

Regards