[Wine] Re: Problem with Windows app accessing internet

Charlie-the-exile wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 28 06:03:26 CDT 2011

OK- here's something else that I have found:

I uninstalled, then reinstalled IE, so that this feature was working.  Then, I made a copy of the whole wine environment, and tested again.  Then I logged-out and logged in again.

The feature was still working.

so, I ran wineboot, and the feature remained functional.

So, I rebooted my laptop, then tried again, and I found that the problem reoccurred.  So, I reverted to the copied environment (from when the internet-accessing feature was working) back to the original location, and found that I still had the problem.

Hope that makes sense.

Anyway, it seems to mean that the change that happens to cause this issue to recur after rebooting isn't in the Wine environment, but somewhere else.  That's wierd.  Any ideas?

Charlie