[Wine] Internet Explorer 6 won't install

fikio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 28 20:30:28 CDT 2011

Hi all,

I am a new Wine user and installed the latest version; when I try to install IE6 from the preinstalled prefixes, I get the following error message:

###ERROR### Command 'sh /private/tmp/winebottler/1311902078/winetricks.sh dcom98' returned status 1.
Task returned with status 15.

Does anyone know what this means and what I need to do? Since this is one of the prefixes that comes with it I wonder if I have done something incorrectly with the install of Wine/Winebottler?

Thanks!