[Wine] Problem with save files during game

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 22:02:00 CDT 2011

On 7/28/11 1:08 AM, Business Kid wrote:
> On 27 July 2011 21:23, crazy_dave<wineforum-user at winehq.org>  wrote:
>
>> jjmckenzie wrote:
>>> Yes, there is a process for generating logging files as explained in the
>>> FAQ:  http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log
>>>
>>> If it possible to generate a file one just for the save game feature
>>> when it works and when it does not, this would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Remember, please post these files to a site like pastebin.com.
>>>
>>> James
>>
>> Here is the pastebin file: http://pastebin.com/ZEfT0Rqw
>>
>> I apologize for taking so long, work and real life intruded. :)
>>
>> It looks like the error associated with saving is:
>>
>> fixme:file:MoveFileWithProgressW MOVEFILE_WRITE_THROUGH unimplemented
>>
>> I hope this helps! Cheers.
>>
> Unimplemented is usually a bug.
No, it is not.  It means that that particular function has not been
implemented in that particular dll.  If it affects your program's
ability to run, then it is a bug.
>   Some routine is missing from a dll. That's a
> time to use the native dll.
Maybe, maybe not.  There are four dlls that CANNOT be used with Wine and
many more that are highly recommended against.

>   If you have stamina, file a bug.
This is what should be done AFTER reading through the first time
submission page and searching for your particular problem.

James
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Fix your Gmail reader to send only plain text to this mailing list.
Instructions are available from Google Mail.

James