[Wine] Re: Second CD not mounting

SpawnHappyJake wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 29 12:22:35 CDT 2011

In my experience, programs ran through WINE see an image mounted with CDemu as real hardware. For example, ImgBurn actually sees the CDemu hardware. And of course, iso images are very limited and mounting images made with raw DAO 96 are much more preferable, and can be made with cdrdao. To obtain for Ubuntu/Mint, "sudo apt-get install cdrdao" should get it (downloads and installs, so you need to be connected to the Internet for it to work). That said, a plain old iso is usually good enough (at least for what I do). Iso images only contain one track, so you can't make an iso image of a cd with more than one track, such as an old game disc that has a data track as well as an audio track. And the one track it does image must have a filesystem (rules out audio tracks), and it only records the digested 2048-byte sectors (rather than the whole sector before error-correction). It just overall isn't an exact duplicate if the disc.

Cheers,
Jake