[Wine] Asus Support DVD

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 10:10:15 CDT 2011

> The manual says the  DVD contains drivers, software applications and utilities that you can install to avail all motherboard features.I get a screen with wine which says what to download  eg drivers utilities manual disk Norton. I was hoping to get something useful.  It looks like a waste of time to me. Do you agree? William

Windows drivers do not work in linux/wine so these are not useful.
Also any software that directly contacts hardware (like windows
temperature or processor monitoring software) will not work in wine.
For both of these there are linux utilities. The manual will probably
work but no need to install accrobat in wine since there is a linux
native version.

John