[Wine] 48 Hour Old Ubuntu 'Natty' user needs help

wolf16 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 30 10:43:07 CDT 2011

Hey,

Ive just replaced Windows 7 on my laptop with Ubuntu Natty. I'm an experienced computer user with more than half a brain so i am usually good at getting things to work but I absolutely cannot figure out how to install a game Ive downloaded so could someone talk me through it please.

Mastering this game will lead on to others. I have downloaded Lords of the Realm II in ISO format.

I have spent a day reading pages which haven't helped and have tried getting to grips with Wine and PlayOnLinux and still don't understand it. Finally earlier I installed Furius ISO thinking about a similar principle I successfully used in Windows to mount games but still not happening.

I expect its not even that complicated so can someone talk me through it successfully, once I understand the basics of doing it ill be away.

Installing to windows is not an option as the whole drive is now partitioned to Ubuntu and i cant figure out how to put a windows partition back on even if I wanted to.

cheers,

gary