[Wine] Fatal Error

lartdude wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 31 04:25:57 CDT 2011

I would like to run the freeware software "Plastic Animation Paper" using Wine and Ubuntu. When Trying to run I get the message "
Code:
Unable to set up graphics mode, graphics card must be capable of running 800x600

" with the title "Fatal error". Now my graphics card may be an internal laptop one, but it is capable of running at well above 800x600 and successfully handles this program in windows vista natively, and 98/XP in virtual box.

After spending quite some time searching the closest thing I could find suggested using:

Code:
xrandr -s 800x600

with only one monitor active, however it didn't work. I have also tried unsuccessfully setting the Wine configuration to emulate a virtual desktop of 800x600 and just about all the settings in the Graphics tab.

(PAP4.0) (http://plasticanimationpaper.dk/)
wine (1.2.2-0ubuntu2~lucid1)
Ubuntu (32bit, 10.04, modern kernel).

Thanks for all the help and great project!