[Wine] Diablo II dead locks.

peter.lawrey wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 31 08:30:04 CDT 2011

I have been running wine 1.2.2 a number of Ubuntu 11.04 machines for hours fine.
However, one machine crashes going form Act I to Act II (possibly the movie which plays fine on the others)

I have rebooted and deleted the .wine directory but I still get this error just trying to start it.

err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bca6804 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 001a, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x6ffa6ea4 "?" wait timed out in thread 0009, blocked by 001a, retrying (60 sec)

I tried upgrading to wine 1.325 but I get the same error.

Any suggestion on how I can start the game again?