[Wine] wine, display and root.

angguss wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 1 10:07:58 CDT 2011

Hi,
I'm using wine to run a console app I've got (it doesn't actually output anything). It's running on a remote server, so I only have ssh access. When run the program as root, I get

> Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
> err:systray:initialize_systray Could not create tray window
> Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
> Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

and then the program continues to run perfectly well. Great. Only, I would rather not have to leave it running as root so I tried running it as another user. As another user, it prints the error above and goes no further.

Can anyone advise me as to why the program will run as root, but not another user?

Thanks in advance.