[Wine] Re: OpenGL issues on OSX (wine 1.3.21)

asiga wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 4 15:25:21 CDT 2011

ryan woodsmall wrote:

> > Btw, sorry for this reply-to-myself, but in case it's useful, take a look at this screenshot of the "penguin" wxWidgets demo (this screenshot belongs to the Linux build, but it looks very similar on the Windows build):
> >
> > http://www.wxwidgets.org/images/screens/penguinm.gif
> >
> > As you can see, the view is on the main window, and, as said above, you get this when you start this demo with wine 1.3.21 on OSX:
> >
> > wine[592] <Error>: unknown error code: invalid drawable
> > wine[592] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.
> > set off screen: invalid drawable
> >

> Are you running on XQuartz (http://xquartz.macosforge.org/) or the OS-packaged X11?  XQuartz is definitely recommended.
>
> Can you also try running the demo in a Wine virtual desktop to see if that helps the issue?  GLX on OS X has always been something of a moving target but it's getting much better. -r

Using a virtual desktop doesn't help.

Btw, where in the code is the "set off screen: invalid drawable" message triggered? I searched for it, with the hope of being able to fix it, but it seems that message isn't in the Wine source code.

And, how are you rendering offscreen? With pbuffers? If affirmative, I believe pbuffers aren't supported in Apple's GLX, but framebuffer objects (FBOs) are supported. Can I try to rewrite the pbuffer code and translate it to FBOs, or would it take thousands of hundreds of code lines?

Anyway, first of all, I need to be sure what lines in the source are triggering the above warnings, but searched the source without success. Any advice for finding them?

Thanks!