[Wine] Run-time error '429':

140 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 4 17:08:09 CDT 2011

I have read and read and read and cannot seem to figure this out.

I am running Linux Mint 9 and trying to install a windows program that will never have a linux alternative. It is a locksmith code data base program called Code Source. Also has two accompanying programs: COA and Master King.

Install requirements are simply windows 98 and newer OS according to HPC's (manufacture) website. there is a registration code that has to be put in too, but that isn't the issue. I have three valid install codes (for different windows machines) and three more left that I can get... but of course linux isn't supported. I've also figured a way past the algorithm so I can essentially have the "same installation" across both windows (xp) and linux.

Anyhow, I get a "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object" message when I click the icon on the desktop. Clicking the icon in the Wine menu, I simply get "File not found".

Most of the things I have tried have spanned over the past year, so I don't remember all that I've already tried, but mostly it has involved .dll files. I'm not too linux literate, but manage to get around in the terminal as long as I have very detailed  set of instructions to go off of. I have tried to work with winetricks with no luck and even tried play on linux lately.

Will it help if I copy and paste a terminal output when trying to open the program that way?

Thank you