[Wine] Re: re-installing a software (office 2007)

jjmckenzie wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 6 06:39:00 CDT 2011

Bala subramanian wrote:
> Dear Friends,
> I am using wine version 1.1.37 in fedora 10. I have been using ms office
> 2007. Suddenly word behaves in a strange way that when i open word, the
> system hangs. I would like to re-install the ms office application. So i
> would like to know,
>
> How to un-install the existing version and install the ms office once again
> ?.

Wine 1.1.37 is not supported and you should consider not only upgrading Wine but Fedora as well.

Procedure to de-install any software under that version of Wine is to delete the entire Wine User directory structure, normally stored in a hidden directory under the User's Home directory, .wine.

I need more information before proceeding:  Is Word 2007 the ONLY application installed in Wine?

Thank you.