[Wine] No sound in wine.

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Mon Jun 6 08:05:00 CDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 08:33 -0400, tparker wrote:
> On 06/05/2011 06:10 PM, jjmckenzie wrote:
> >
> > Ask on the Fedora User forum how to disable pulseaudio.  Wine does not support it.
>

> While that is true, if you need to keep pulseaudio on your system for
> something else you may be able to remove just the pulseaudio related
> packages for wine. I'm not sure how tightly Fedora 14 is bundling Wine
> in the repo. I know people have successfully used kept pulseaudio and
> gotten sound in Wine before, but I would expect it to take a fair bit of
> trial and error with the settings.

wine-pulseaudio is a separate package in Fedora 14, so removing that
package could be worth a try: if that breaks something that presumably
you'd just reinstall it.

FYI I got that answer by running: "sudo yum list wine-*" from a normal
user. The '-*' is needed to force yum to list all packages starting with
'wine'. Omitting it merely lists the main wine package.

Martin