[Wine] Re: OpenGL issues on OSX (wine 1.3.21)

asiga wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 7 12:00:23 CDT 2011

Well, I've tried to diagnose the problem, but after some hours hunting, all I can say is that I've wine compiled with the X Composite extension, but it can't use it because it can't query the extension, so it uses GLXPixmaps.

There're no OpenGL errors on glGetError(), nor in the Apple OpenGL Profiler (note: GLX errors aren't pushed into glGetError() but into the X protocol AFAIK, so the MakeCurrent error can't be seen from glGetError).

I conclude there aren't any other users in the planet trying to run a windowed OpenGL application on Mac through wine, because otherwise they would hit this bug. I guess all Mac wine users run whole-window OpenGL apps (like games, for example).

I feel sad because it seems wine isn't for me. I successfully used it on Linux, but on the Mac isn't as robust for OpenGL apps, and I need it for OpenGL apps.

I could continue trying to diagnose the problem, but I don't have more available hours to spend on it. Sorry.

I believe the developer team needs Mac contributors that use a Mac as their only machine, for both testing and developing. This will be the only way of wine running on the Mac as great as on Linux, but that needs volunteers, of course. I don't have time.

Thank you anyway for the great work done on Wine.