[Wine] Mac OS X 10.6 Build

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 10:34:37 CDT 2011

On 6/9/11, John Smith <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I've spent a lot of time trying to follow to the instructions on how to
> build from source (http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX/Building). wine-1.3.21.
> Finally, I found this discussion: MAC OS X compile -> 'OpenGL development
> headers not found (http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=6035).
>
> I believe the best way to include X11 headers and libraries is to run
> configure as follows:
>
> For native X11
> ./configure --x-includes=/usr/X11/include --x-libraries=/usr/X11/lib
>
> For XQuartz
> ./configure --x-includes=/opt/X11/include --x-libraries=/opt/X11/lib
>
> I am far from programming these days. Is it a bug on Makefile? Or shall I
> ask to update the guide?

John:

Or you could use Ryan Woodsmall's osxbuild script.  That is what I use
and it magically does the XQuartz check for you.

Since this is a Wiki, you are welcome to improve/enhance the build
page to include this information as wel..

The Makefile should not be changed to accomidate MacOSX requirements,
but I'm not the person to make the final decision on this.  You could
always send in a patch to do this but check the Wine Patches archive
before doing so as I think this was attempted and rejected.

James McKenzie