[Wine] Compiling wine: no sound system, etc.

plantperson wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 9 13:48:12 CDT 2011

Hello all...
I'm trying to compile wine 1.3.21 on my Linux Mint Debian Edition machine, because I'm tired of the antique version available from the repositories. Unfortunately, ./configure always ends with a bunch of WARNINGs and I'm not sure what to do about them. Here's the list it gives me:

Code:
configure: libxcursor development files not found, the Xcursor extension won't be supported.
configure: libxi development files not found, the Xinput extension won't be supported.
configure: XShm development files not found, X Shared Memory won't be supported.
configure: XShape development files not found, XShape won't be supported.
configure: libxrandr development files not found, XRandr won't be supported.
configure: libxinerama development files not found, multi-monitor setups won't be supported.
configure: libxcomposite development files not found, Xcomposite won't be supported.
configure: OpenCL development files not found, OpenCL won't be supported.
configure: libhal/libdbus development files not found, no dynamic device support.
configure: libgnutls development files not found, no schannel support.
configure: lib(n)curses development files not found, curses won't be supported.
configure: libsane development files not found, scanners won't be supported.
configure: libv4l development files not found.
configure: libgphoto2 development files not found, digital cameras won't be supported.
configure: liblcms development files not found, Color Management won't be supported.
configure: gstreamer-0.10 base plugins development files not found, gstreamer support disabled
configure: OSS sound system found but too old (OSSv4 needed), OSS won't be supported.
configure: libcapi20 development files not found, ISDN won't be supported.
configure: libcups development files not found, CUPS won't be supported.
configure: fontconfig development files not found, fontconfig won't be supported.
configure: libgsm development files not found, gsm 06.10 codec won't be supported.
configure: libtiff development files not found, TIFF won't be supported.
configure: libmpg123 development files not found (or too old), mp3 codec won't be supported.
configure: libldap (OpenLDAP) development files not found, LDAP won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: prelink not found, base address of core dlls won't be set correctly.

configure: WARNING: libxrender development files not found, XRender won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: OpenGL development headers not found.
OpenGL and Direct3D won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: libxml2 development files not found (or too old), XML won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: libxslt development files not found, xslt won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: OpenSSL development files not found, SSL won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: libjpeg development files not found, JPEG won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: libpng development files not found, PNG won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: No sound system was found. Windows applications will be silent.

configure: Finished.  Do 'make' to compile Wine.

Most of these I imagine I can correct by installing the listed packages, but I'm not sure what it wants to make the sound system work. Any ideas?
Thanks for any tips.