[Wine] New Vegas Script Extender: Works if I only click on it?

stradian wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 9 18:13:37 CDT 2011

I'm On Ubuntu 11.04
This is for fallout New vegas.

I made a new prefix and installed steam, fallout new vegas, Fallout mod manager, and the New vegas script extender. I got everything working, however, when I try to use NVSE through FOMM, or through a regular launcher spits out the error: can not inject dll, but when I click on it directly it works as intended...

Even bringing up steam and starting fallout with no crashes...

This is the Log that NVSE gives when it "fails":

Code:
nvse loader 010000A0
launching: FalloutNV.exe (C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas\FalloutNV.exe)
dwSignature = FEEF04BD
dwStrucVersion = 00010000
dwFileVersionMS = 00010003
dwFileVersionLS = 000001C4
dwProductVersionMS = 00010003
dwProductVersionLS = 000001C4
dwFileFlagsMask = 00000017
dwFileFlags = 00000000
dwFileOS = 00000004
dwFileType = 00000001
dwFileSubtype = 00000000
dwFileDateMS = 00000000
dwFileDateLS = 00000000
version = 00010003000001C4
steam exe
hook call addr = 00EC976B
load lib addr = 00FDC0B0
dll = C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas\nvse_1_1.dll
main thread id = 107
Process::InstallHook: couldn't allocate memory in target process
Couldn't inject DLL.
terminating process

This is what terminal prints when it "fails"

Code:

Could not inject dll