[Wine] Gaming Sites Refuse to Load

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 22:47:19 CDT 2011

On 6/9/11 4:24 PM, Wineexperiments187 wrote:
> bump.

Don't do this.  If you have not received a reply there may be several
reasons:
1.  No one can help you.  Since most of the support here is purely
volunteer, we might not have the program you are using.
2.  You are not using Wine, but are using a derivative like CrossOver.
You need to go to their support site and get help there (this includes
Play On Linux/Play on Mac.)
3.  We are looking at the problem and trying to formulate a solution.
Since our hours are limited for working with Wine, this may take a few days.

Best thing for YOU to do.  Repost the problem.  What have you done to
attempt to solve it?  If you used winetricks and installed IE7 state
so.  If you installed FireFox 4 for Windows state so.  Advise if you
have changed any settings in Wine.  Provide your Linux distribution,
Version # or name, kernel version (if you know it), Video card and
drivers, amount of memory and the 'bitness' of your system (32 or 64,
Intel or AMD).  All of these are valuable in troubleshooting.  If you
are using a Mac, we need to know all of this as well as the current
patch level of your Mac.

Thank you.

James McKenzie