[Wine] Re: ProgeCAD PDF2DXF: CommonProjects.vbi" failed with erro

caddit wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 11 22:50:24 CDT 2011

Hello,

Although progeCAD is no longer supported under WINE (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progecad#Distribution ), it has been installed with varying degrees of success as in this old example:
http://cadcam3d.blogspot.com/2009/06/joy-of-progecad-2009-under-wine-in.html

Truth is, a lot of success depends on the level of WINE someone is using to do this. For example I noticed that as of WINE release 1.1.30 or so the VBA started working, although some VBA-related tools still have trouble (PDF2DXF, ALE, etc) VBA script can be tricky to fix in any Windows installation, probably even more so in WINE.

I will continue to follow these progeCAD discussions on a very casual basis, as they do offer interesting insight into the WINE platform.