[Wine] Re: Steam Ghost Window??

Bob Wya wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 12 14:22:23 CDT 2011

at0m wrote:
> Hmm.. now i get a "the registry is in use by another process" error (with newest wine...)...

Easily solved (hopefully  8) ). Fire up q4wine (please tell me Debian has that in their repositories!). q4wine is Qt-based GUI 'Wine-helper' application. It will show you all the processes running on your Linux System associated with Wine and what Wineprefix they are associated with. Just kill the relevant Wineserver process.

at0m wrote:

> I think i have to switch to a another Distro to have "up-to-date" versions of wine in the repos...
> But, thank you for your help :)

What version of Wine are running? Was it installed from a .deb package (e.g. from here (http://dev.carbon-project.org/debian/wine-unstable/))? Remember to uninstall your repository installed version first, etc...

Bob