[Wine] how to use directx10/11?

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Wed Jun 15 14:52:09 CDT 2011

Can anyone tell me or point me to information telling me what is the
correct way to use directx 10 or 11 for games in Wine, what do I need to
install to do so, and do I then need to use a special tag (like the
-opengl tag) when starting a game?

I have been googling and having a hard time making sense of the
information I have been finding. Some places reference a 'wine dx10' and
some game forum posts say to install directx 10 or 11 (depending on the
game/video card) via winetricks. I am leery of trying random changes to
my Wine installation when I haven't been able to find instructions on
the Wine site for this to verify the steps.