[Wine] Re: LiveZilla

Bob Wya wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 15 18:33:54 CDT 2011

SpawnHappyJake wrote:
> IT WORKS!!!!! :D [Laughing] Bob Wya, you are a saint! Thank you so much for bringing me to the solution!

I have no doubt I'm a saint...  [Laughing]   But I am sure it was dimesio who actually offered you a working solution!

SpawnHappyJake wrote:
> Question: Can I spoof fonts? In other words, can I take an open source font's source code, and compile it in such a way that it reports itself as another font? The reason why this is relavant is because someone that's gone "pure open source/freeware" and doesn't have a license to Windows would have to purchase a license to "Microsoft Sans Serif (True Type)" to legally have this font and make Livezilla work in WINE...UNLESS that person could compile an open source font to look like "Microsoft San Serif (True Type)". Then Livezilla would use that font instead of Microsoft San Serif (True Type). Just pick a similar-looking open source font.

Have you tried to duplicate a FOSS font (say the rather natty Ubuntu fonts) and renaming them to the Microsoft TTF library name (of the font you want to "emulate")? I have no idea if that might work. Perhaps that Wine font registry key I referenced would also let you do some font redirects??

@KhalidAl
You still alive there buddy?  8)

Bob