[Wine] Strange problem trying to install in Win app under Wine

Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 00:13:41 CDT 2011

Hello, all.  I'm using Linux Mint, and the latest install of Wine.

I have a multi-CD set I'm trying to install called GospeLink.  I've
copied all the files from the first CD, the installation CD, to my hard
disk, changed the permissions for the install program, and it runs just
fine under Wine.  But when it prompts me to install the next CD, I have
a problem.  I eject the CD (using the eject command under Linux, not
just pressing the eject button on the drive), I insert the proper CD,
wait for the contents to display on the screen (they display just fine),
I click to continue, and I'm told this isn't the correct CD.  Nothing I
do seems to help in getting the install to see that there is the correct
CD in the drive.

The set installs just fine on a pure Windows box.  And I haven't had any
problems installing any other app under Wine on my Linux box.

Has anyone else encountered this kind of problem?  Any ideas of what I
might do to fix this?  I'm sorry if I haven't described the problem very
well.  I'll be glad to supply any clarification needed.

Thanks.