[Wine] Trying to install ChessBase 8.0 and Hiarcs

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 11:27:42 CDT 2011

On 6/18/11 10:45 PM, kayve wrote:
> I have Ubuntu 11.04 with wine and I am trying to install my ChessBase 8.0 on it using Wine.  I have copied the CD to my hard disk and I manage to get the installation splash page, but when I click on Install, it says "Can't Run Setup.Exe"
>
> [Image: http://kayve.net/cannot_setup.png ]
> [Image: http://kayve.net/InstallChessBase.png ]
> [Image: http://kayve.net/install_Hiarcs.png ]

Debugging without log files is very difficult.  Please create a log file
from when you try to run the installer.
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log has instructions on how to do this.

If the logs are more than a screen in length, please post them to a site
like pastebin.com (Ubuntu has their own pastie site) and then post the
URL here.