[Wine] A suggestion

Sotanaht wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 19 16:48:31 CDT 2011

With programs that utilize certain features of Windows' desktop environment, Wine, in my experience, has often had issues.  Pop-up notifications from programs often don't function as well as they do in windows, the Wine system tray doesn't always work as well as the windows system tray, and it certainly isn't as convenient as the Windows system tray.
The thought occurred to me today of making a separate workspace just for Wine programs.  It could be switched to the same way as other workspaces, but it wouldn't have the same shortcuts or panels as the other workspaces.  The system tray would be in-line with the panel, instead of being its own window, and instead of having the regular Menu Bar, it would just have the Wine menu.  Not having to integrate it with a regular Linux desktop environment would make it possible to keep all of the functionality that the programs would have under Windows.
This of course wouldn't be something that should come built into Wine, I'm sure many people wouldn't need or want it, but for those using Windows programs that don't work so well under Wine, having one (or multiple) workspaces designed for Windows programs would be very useful.
I'm very new to programming, with only some basic knowledge of BASH and Python, but if anybody would like to take my idea, please, feel free.  I'm not sure how plausible this really is, but if it could work and somebody would want to create it, I'm sure many people would use it.