[Wine] Max Payne

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 05:14:37 CDT 2011

> I'm trying to run Max Payne in Ubuntu 11.04. It installs fine and I have patched it whithout problems. But when I try to run it it says 'Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application', even though the cd is already in the drive. Is there something I can do to avoid this? I have read in some other threads that it could be something about the copy protection that Ubuntu doesn't support, but at this forum the game is marked 'Platinum'. Is that because you run a cracked version.. or?

When applications fail to work the best way to allow us to debug this
is to post a link to a debug log. The instructions are in the Wine
Wiki at http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log and post the log file to a
site like pastebin.com and then post the URL here.  Ubuntu users have
a pastebin available from the Ubuntu site.

John