[Wine] Re: Problem with The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

SpawnHappyJake wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 22 02:23:17 CDT 2011

Hey Mateusz!

   What about trying to install ALSA into Ubuntu? https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/InstallingLinuxAlsaDriverModules
    OR, if you don't want to do that, I use Linux Mint, which appears to be using ALSA. Linux Mint is Ubuntu with just a few modifications. It uses Ubuntu repositories, Synaptic, Nautilus, etc. It really is Ubuntu.
   I'm not suggesting to nuke your Ubuntu and replace it with Mint. I'm thinking that making a Mint partition and doing a dual/ triple boot or whatever between Ubuntu, Mint, and any other operating systems you have, if any, would be a good second option if installing ALSA into Ubuntu doesn't work out so well.
   If you go the Mint route, you can just install WINE and copy over the WINE prefix you installed The Witcher 2 into. You won't have to go through shenanigans again.
   Sorry for the delayed response. My house has been offline for several days and hasn't gotten Internet until today. Previously I was using my one bar of 3G on my iPhone for what it was worth, but just two days ago or so, my iPhone acquired an inconvenient arrangement of 1s and 0s. With no Internet to do an iTunes restore, I was pretty stuck, though for a brief moment I checked on you guys from the library.
Cheers,
Jake