[Wine] Re: .NET Problems

garybaldy72uk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 23 05:48:00 CDT 2011

jjmckenzie wrote:
> None.  However, .NET 3.0 should install using winetricks.  .NET 3.5
> support is through Mono.
>
> Suggest that you try using Mono 2.10 first and then try .NET 3.0/3.5 in
> a fresh Wineprefix.  Install all of these using winetricks, not with the
> installer packages from Microsoft direct.

 Many thanks for the pointers jj, I've installed mono, still no joy. Rightly (or wrongly) I then tried installing mono-complete from synaptics and still no joy. The programs initial database setup utility to create the tables works a charm, but trying to use the actual program to get data into SQL is still a no go. Any more pointers as I am really keen on getting rid of my final Windows box.

Many thanks
Gary