[Wine] Re: Flash, Shockwave, 3dVia plugins

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 23 07:40:16 CDT 2011

Flash and Shockwave won't work with any version of Firefox after 3.6.3; you'll run into bug 17273. That's why I used Firefox 3.5. You can get old versions of Firefox  from http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.php. If you really want to use a later version, you could try the workaround mentioned in the bug report (I haven't tried it, so I don't know how well it works).

> Code:

> sha1sum mismatch!
> Rename /home/melanie/.cache/winetricks/flash/install_flash_player_ax.exe
> and try again.

I'm getting that too from winetricks. Both downloaded files are fine; it's a bug in winetricks.

For Flash, just run the exe winetricks downloaded (that's all winetricks does). For Shockwave, the downloaded file is a .msi file, so you will have to install it with this command:

Code:
msiexec /i $HOME/.cache/winetricks/shockwave/sw_lic_full_installer.msi