[Wine] Re: Flash, Shockwave, 3dVia plugins

TiberiusT wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 23 14:56:50 CDT 2011

[Crying or Very sad] I hate it when this happens....but neither worked. msiexec -i on the downloaded shockwave file does this:

Code:

melanie at Mel-P4:~$ msiexec -i /.cache/winetricks/shockwave/sw_lic_full_installer.msi
err:msi:copy_package_to_temp failed to copy package L"/.cache/winetricks/shockwave/sw_lic_full_installer.msi" to L"C:\\users\\melanie\\Temp\\msi269.tmp" (3)
melanie at Mel-P4:~$

So I copied across manually to that destination, and ran it manually (renamed to save typing)

Code:
melanie at Mel-P4://home/melanie/.wine/dosdevices/c:/users/melanie/Temp$ msiexec -i sw.msi

and it seems to install properly, but on opening Firefox (using 3.6.17 as incl prompted in Winetricks menu) it wasn't installed at all.

Similarly, running install_flash_player_ax.exe seems OK. It runs, the red Adobe box comes up and installation appears to complete. But on loading Firefox it just isn't there either...so no Flash or shockwave. Neither program appears in the Wine menu's Add/Remove Program box either, but then again neither does Firefox. Only program there is Wine Gecko 1.2.0.
Similarly, in the Winetricks/Firefox 3 Prefix/Install a WIndows DLL or other component section, both shockwave and flash are unchecked, indicating they are not installed. Checking either box takes me back to the original sh1sum bug...

There's nothing unusual about the installation of anything on the PC. Any further ideas?

I guess these are Winetricks bugs - should I be addressing these issues there instead? Or, since the plugins did install somewhere - is there a manual way to get Winetricks' Firefox to load them - there's nothing obvious in the cfg file

tks...again