[Wine] Re: Wine + PowerBuilder + Sybase ODBC

japegamx wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 23 15:16:49 CDT 2011

SpawnHappyJake wrote:
> What happens if you copy the prefix folder over? That would prove if it is a WINE version regression of the WINE program itself, or if it's "just" a registry value or dll or something like that that needs to be tweaked.
> What I mean is, on the Linux installation that it is working in, if you copy the working WINE prefix folder (folder you installed the program into, by default a folder named ".wine" in your home folder) over to this other machine, and renamed the folder to, say, "PowerBuilder", and ran the program out of that prefix by specifying "WINEPREFIX=[path to PowerBuilder prefix folder]", would it work then? You'd just go to terminal and enter "WINEPREFIX=[path to PowerBuilder prefix folder] wine [path to PowerBuilder executable, or whatever it is that you run]". If it works, you can make a launcher that does all that for you so you can run it with a simple double-click.
> Cheers,
> Jake[/list]

I have do exactly what you say and it works!

I copied the entire .wine folder from the PC that it works, and paste it on the home user folder in the PC that not works, but with an other name, as you suggested. Then, I have executed the windows application with the WINEPREFIX enviroment variable and it works fine.

I guess there is some Windows libraries that the Wine instalation on the PC that works has, and the other doesn't. If I'm right, I can try to find the libraries and copy it to the .wine default directory.