[Wine] Re: Flash, Shockwave, 3dVia plugins

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 23 15:22:32 CDT 2011

TiberiusT wrote:
> [Crying or Very sad] I hate it when this happens....but neither worked. msiexec -i on the downloaded shockwave file does this:
>
> Code:
>
> melanie at Mel-P4:~$ msiexec -i /.cache/winetricks/shockwave/sw_lic_full_installer.msi
> err:msi:copy_package_to_temp failed to copy package L"/.cache/winetricks/shockwave/sw_lic_full_installer.msi" to L"C:\\users\\melanie\\Temp\\msi269.tmp" (3)
> melanie at Mel-P4:~$

You forgot the $HOME at the beginning of the path.

> I guess these are Winetricks bugs -

Or a feature. Winetricks by default installs Firefox to a separate wineprefix buried deep within ~/.local/share/wineprefixes, without telling the user that it's doing that or asking if that's where they want it. OTOH, it doesn't do that with either Shockwave or Flash; those are installed to the default wineprefix, ~/.wine, unless you specify otherwise. That's like installing them on separate computers, so it's useless for your purposes.

So, what you need to do is either manually install Firefox to ~/.wine, or Shockwave and Flash to ~/.local/share/wineprefixes/firefox3. If you do the latter, you will need to apply the workaround mentioned in bug 17273, since the Firefox version installed by winetricks is affected by that bug.