[Wine] Problem with save files during game

crazy_dave wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 24 22:24:30 CDT 2011

Before I posted a bug report for the Witcher 1, I thought I'd ask on the forum if anyone else was having trouble with Witcher 1 save files. Essentially the problem lies in that quests are not being saved to files so that if I save and try to reload the game, the quest info+progress will have disappeared. This only cropped up at Chapter 3.

One other person encountered this in chapter 2. We've discussing it on the AppDB page (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=17527). I'm on a Mac using Wine engine 1.3.13. He's using Gentoo Linux using 1.3.22.

This problem with the Witcher 1 does not happen on Windows. Has anyone else experienced this problem in this game or another? If so, did you solve it?

Cheers.